Tuesday 15 October 2013

Challenge no.22 - Resisting

Hello Everyone

We hope that your week has started off well! We have a really cool and exciting challenge today and it is hosted my the amazingly talented Elena Smoktunova.

Elena Smoktunova


The challenge today is all about resisting, whether you use embossing, crayons, glue, gesso or any medium that resists paint, inks etc.



Guest Designer Badge


We have a super Guest Designer today, who was a previous TOP 3, Ade.


She created an amazing page for us, as well as showed us how she created the page.





And finally the finished page.


Thanks so much Ade, for creating a gorgeous gesso resist page! The stamping and detailing are just wonderful! We love this mixed media page and your kitty photo's are precious too! ;-)


As always, we also have the DT to inspire you, and as always, they have not disappointed! Check out these amazing resist projects.



First, we make the printsthen bake, then sprinkle sprays to get the interesting resist effect.



On this layout I did resist stamping using household Vaseline. I stamped waited for 5 minutes. I then blended with distress stain. Then used a paper towel to wipe over the stamped area to reveal the image.



My resist technique was a crayon and mists, to created my scallop border.



I used two different resist techniques: a modeling paste/gesso resist with a Prima checkerboard mask, and on my Molossi chipboard butterfly I used a gorgeous Visible Image script stamp with white embossing powder and did an emboss resist technique, coloring the butterfly with Peacock Feather and Walnut Stain Distress Ink.





I used pearlescent embossing powder to create my resisted stamping.



I stamped the image on smooth white cardstock using clear embossing ink.
I sprinkled American Crafts Zing clear embossing powder over the wet ink and heat set the embossing powder. I then used Ranger distress ink to colour the background and added a few sprinkles of water to the background to make the little white dots...



I used Wood glue as a resist. Stamp script image onto plain white card stock. Add a small amount of wood glue to plain smooth white card stock and spread it out using an old credit card. Leave some area of the card stock clear with no glue on it. Leave the glue to dry really well and then ink using different colours of Distress ink. Wipe the glue clean and use as a background.

Kerryn




I used a Bazzill resist paper and then blended PanPastels onto the background and played around with texture paste and inks.







I used Clear Embossing Powder as a resist on the flourish, sprayed my first colour of mist. I did the scribbles with my hot glue gun and sprayed my second layer of mist...On the tags and pocket I used bubble wrap covered with Pritt gluestick. Once it was completely dry, I sprayed my colour mists...


We hope that you are really inspired by these projects and can NOT resist playing along with us!!!! ;-)))
We really hope you will join in the fun.

We have some goodies up for grabs for a random winner too!


You have until the 31st October to upload your project.






2 comments:

  1. There is very attractive projects congratulation !!!I was very happy to participate...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...